About the Event
USC will host commencement ceremonies to confer graduates’ degrees for the Class of 2020 and the Class of 2021 at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. Socially distanced ceremonies will take place in a limited capacity. The ceremonies will occur twice a day from May 14 through May 20, and graduates will attend based on their school’s designated date or dates. All students need to RSVP, whether they can attend or not. Students will receive an email from Marching Order with the RSVP link or log in to usc.marchingorder.com with their USC email address.
Visit the USC Commencement Virtual Event Platform here
Per State of California and LA County guidelines, gathering with other households in Exposition Park before or after ceremonies is prohibited. Following the ceremony, all graduates will be instructed to return home or to their vehicle. Thank you for your cooperation.
Here are a few tips to make sure you have a great experience:
- Plan ahead and know how you are getting to the Coliseum. Use navigation and traffic apps such as Waze or Google Maps.
- Exposition Park parking lots are for ticketed guests only.
- Entrance gates are pre-designated. Gate 4 and 8 are located on the south side of the venue (Park in Green/Pink/Yellow Lots at S. Hoover St.) Gates 19 and 23 are located on the north side (Park in Blue Structure).
- Get here early. Review policies, be prepared for metal detector screening and have items clearly displayed in a clear bag.
- Attendees may only enter with a bag that adheres to the LA Memorial Coliseum clear bag policy. There are no bag storage facilities available. Cameras are permitted. Balloons, beach balls, confetti and noise making devices will not be permitted.
- Arrive at the gates no later than 30 minutes before your ceremony begins.
- There is limited shade at the LA Memorial Coliseum. Parasols will be permitted for personal shade. Sunscreen, hats, and protective sun wear are recommended. Please be aware of weather conditions and plan accordingly.
- Per State of California and LA County guidelines, gathering with other households in Exposition Park before or after ceremonies is prohibited. Following the ceremony, all graduates will be instructed to return home or to their vehicle. Thank you for your cooperation.
The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and USC are excited to welcome you back to live events. You have our commitment to deliver the best experience for our guests and employees in a safe and clean environment. We are working closely with and are following State of California Department of Public Health and the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health guidance in association with USC Keck Medicine committed to supporting the health, safety, and well-being of our community.
- Before leaving for the event, conduct a wellness assessment of yourself and family members if you are healthy enough to attend a public event.
- If you have a cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing and fever or chills, or if you are currently under isolation or quarantine orders, please return home and contact your health care provider.
- If you have a temperature of 100 degrees or higher you may not enter the venue.
- If you have experienced symptoms during or after your visit please contact your health care provider.
- Please note that protocols are subject to change.
- Seating capacity during events is limited.
- All attendees must remain six feet from other household groups or concession workers.
- Please remain in your reserved seating area unless visiting the restroom, picking up concessions or in a designated outdoor dining area. Please do not congregate or gather in concourse areas.
- Help maintain physical distancing from others by staying to the right on pathways through tunnels and stairs.
- A face mask is no longer required to be worn during events.
- People may choose to mask at any time.
- People with symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19 should wear a high-quality mask or respirator when indoors in public.
- Wearing a face mask is proven to help prevent transmission of the virus, particularly to persons with prolonged, cumulative exposure or persons with higher risk of illness.
- Cleaning practices are in alignment with CDC, WHO, OSHA and Public Health recommendations to help facilitate the effective removal of germs.
- All restrooms have dedicated attendants and be routinely cleaned and disinfected each hour during the event.
- Clean hands keep you healthy! Wash and scrub regularly for at least twenty (20) seconds to help prevent the spread of germs and viruses.
- Disinfectants in use are EPA approved for use against SARS-CoV-2.
- Single-serving food items may be brought into the venue in an approved clear bag or carried by hand.
- All food and drink items must be consumed at your reserved seating location.
Parking at the Coliseum is complimentary for all commencement attendees. Please have your guest ticket or grad pass ready to show the parking attendant when you enter Exposition Park. Please proceed to the entry gate designated on your tickets.
- Gate 19 and Gate 23 park at the Blue Structure (Enter from S. Figueroa St. and Exposition Park Dr./39th St.)
- Gate 4 and Gate 8 park at the Yellow, Green, or Pink Lots (Enter from Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd and South Hoover St.)
Rideshare services can drop-off and pick-up located at the east side of Green Lot (south of Banc of California Stadium) with access from S. Figueroa St. (right turn only).
When driving to the Coliseum please plan your travel ahead of time. We suggest using a navigation app such as Waze or Google Maps or use the following suggested routes:
From the North via the 110 Freeway: Use Alternate Routes. Exit Adams Blvd or Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. – Follow Signs to the Coliseum parking.
Please avoid exiting the 110 at Exposition Blvd. as the intersection is highly congested due to the vaccination clinic located on the corner of Exposition Blvd and Flower St., and may result in significant delays. Guests should use alternative routes by accessing parking via Vermont Blvd, Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd or the 110 Express Lane (Toll) exit at 39th St.
From the South via the 110 Freeway: Exit Martin Luther King Blvd. –Follow Signs to the Coliseum parking. The ExpressLane exits directly to 39th St. and the entrance to Exposition Park.
From the East via the 10 Freeway: Exit Vermont St. – Turn Left on to Vermont St. – Continue past the USC Campus – Follow Signs to the Coliseum parking.
From the West via the 10 Freeway: Exit Vermont St. – Turn Right on to Vermont St. – Continue past the USC Campus – Follow Signs to Coliseum parking.
The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum can accommodate patrons in wheelchairs or with restricted mobility. The Coliseum features multiple areas at Street level that do not require ramps or lifts to access. Situated at a midpoint between field level and the uppermost rows of the Coliseum, these areas can be accessed directly through accessible tunnels, which lead into the seating area of the Coliseum. These locations are situated around most of the circumference of the venue.
People with mobility disabilities who require accessible seating because of their disability will be provided tickets for accessible seats. People with disabilities who do not require the specific features of accessible seating but merely have a preference for them are not entitled to accessible seats. Seating in designated sections will be accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis, based on availability. ADA tickets can be obtained at our Ticket Resolution booth at Section 109, or at our West Administration Building across from Tunnel 11. For assistance or more information, please contact the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum at email@example.com.
For guests that need additional assistance reaching upper level seats in the Coliseum, escalators are located adjacent to Tunnels 11, and 19. An additional service elevator is located at Tunnel 9 for access to the Upper Concourse.
ACCESSIBLE DROP-OFF AND PICK UP
Drop-off and pick-up for guests with disabilities should be made Exposition Park Drive after entering from South Figueroa at W. 39th Street. Please be aware drop-off and/or pick-up may be difficult due to heavy traffic and congestion. Due to traffic patterns leaving the park, pick-up in this area may be delayed until traffic can accommodate for access. Please be patient and follow direction of parking staff.
ADA accessible parking is available in Expo Park. Marked ADA spaces may not be reserved in advance are subject to availability based on arrival. USC permit holders may park in ADA spaces, provided they have a valid ADA placard to do so. Due to an extremely high demand for accessible parking, Expo Park is unfortunately unable to accommodate all of our guests, so please arrive early to ensure that you have a space in a lot. Please arrive with your state issued placard and identification, and parking personnel will guide you to your parking area. The fee for parking is $35.
The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum provides closed captioning services for all major events. To confirm that closed captioning service will be available, please email LA Coliseum with the event name and the date service is requested. Requests should be made at least one week in advance to the event date.
The service provides text of all public address announcements during the game. You can access the service from your browser on any smart phone or mobile device. Data rates may apply. To access the service from your mobile device go to www.CaptionedText.com and enter Confirmation: 2650 (for English) at the top of the page. If you need assistance during an event, please text to (213) 263-4007. Data rates may apply.
HEARING AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED
Assistive listening devices for fans with hearing or visual impairments are available for checkout at Customer Service located in the Coliseum West Administration Building across from Tunnel 11.
Service animals are welcome inside the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. Service animals must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times unless either the handler is unable because of a disability to use a harness, leash, or other tether, or the use of a harness, leash, or other tether would interfere with the service animals safe, effective performance of work or tasks, in which case the service animal must be otherwise under the handler´s control (e.g., voice control, signals, or other effective means). If you intend to bring a service animal to the building, please notify your ticket representative at the time of purchase so that an aisle seat may be reserved for you if available. An animal relief area is provided at Gate 33 in the Olympic Plaza. Guests with service animals are responsible for cleaning up after their animals and for their appropriate behavior toward other guests and Coliseum personnel at all times. A failure to do may result in the animal’s removal from the stadium. The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum is not responsible for the care or supervision of a service animal.
The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum is proud to provide assistance inside the stadium for guests with special needs. This service is free and can be requested through Customer Service. Disabled assistance is available upon request at all entry gates. To minimize your wait, we suggest that you make arrangements prior to the event you are attending by calling 213-747-7111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. During event hours, please call or text 213 263-4007. So that we may assist multiple guests, please be aware that our staff will not remain with you during the event, and you are not allowed to remain in the wheelchair during the event. In addition, the Coliseum does not rent wheelchairs or crutches.
The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum is located at:
3911 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90037
Service dogs or service-dogs-in-training for guests with disabilities are allowed. All other animals are prohibited.
Baby changing areas are available at all Street level restrooms; and in Men’s and Women’s restrooms on the Concourse level at sections 1-2, 11-12, 14-15, 17-18, 22-23, 26-27.
The Coliseum prohibits bags, backpacks and other containers from entering the venue, with the following exceptions:
- One bag that is clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and does not exceed 12” by 6” by 12”, or;
- A one-gallon clear plastic storage bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- In addition to one of the clear bags noted above, guests may also carry in a small clutch bag or purse approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection.
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, oversized seat cushions with pockets or metal structures, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.
These measures are designed to promote public safety while encouraging guests to limit the items they bring into the venue to create a more efficient screening and entry process. We ask that all items are visible when entering the venue. The fewer items that are concealed, the quicker the process becomes.
All approved bags are subject to inspection upon entry. For more information on the Coliseum Bag Policy, please visit www.lacoliseum.com/beclear.
To maintain a family atmosphere, the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum management reserves the right to prohibit any signs, banners, or similar items at any time. Signs and banners may be held during a game as long as they meet these conditions:
- Any flag or banner is not larger than 3 feet x 5 feet. Sticks and poles are also prohibited.
- Do not contain commercial or political endorsement, messages or logos, obscene or indecent language, images, graphic depictions or incite violence, create danger or pose security risks.
- Not in the field of play.
- Do not obstruct the sightline of another guest.
- Do not cover up any existing signage.
- Not affixed to metal rods, wooden posts or any other material that could cause harm to other patrons.
- Not paraded around the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
- They are not in poor taste as determined in sole discretion of the team or Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
Bottles and cans of any kind are prohibited inside the Coliseum. Factory sealed bottles of water, 17 oz. or less, are allowed and limited to 2 bottles per person.
Cameras and long lenses are allowed for Commencement ceremonies. Camera cases, tri-pods and selfie-sticks are not allowed. Please carry your camera in an allowable clear bag or without a case.
For more information on clear bags, please review the Coliseum Bag Policy
Children who are two years of age and under are admitted free as long as they are held in a lap and do not interfere with other guests’ view of the event. Strollers are prohibited.
Child ID bands are available at customer service locations. It is suggested that the band, ticket stubs, a nametag and/or any other additional information be pinned to the clothing of any young child that might require assistance. These measures will assist any USC personnel in reuniting guests should it become necessary.
To report a lost child, please contact the nearest police officer or USC staff member, or go to customer service located at the Coliseum Administration Building across from Tunnel 11.
The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum provides closed captioning services for all major events. To confirm that closed captioning service will be available, please email LA Coliseum at with the event name and the date service is requested. Requests should be made at least one week in advance to the event date.
The service provides text of all public address announcements during the game. You can access the service from your browser on any smart phone or mobile device. Data rates may apply. To access the service from your mobile device go to www.CaptionedText.com and enter Confirmation: 2650 at the top of the page. If you need assistance during an event, please text to (213) 263-4007. Data rates may apply.
It is a violation to stand in Tunnels or sit in Aisles per LAFD Fire Code 4701.4.1.3. Please keep all aisles and tunnels clear of obstructions. Your cooperation is appreciated.
Individual waters will be offered complementary and only factory sealed water will be permitted inside. Coliseum concessions will not be available. The USC Bookstore will also have locations inside the venue near Tunnel 4, 9, 19 and 25 for a variety of items.
Ice chests, coolers and other open beverages are not permitted inside the Coliseum. The Coliseum does allow factory sealed bottles of water, 17 oz. or less (limit two per person) and non-metallic, refillable containers (must be empty upon entry).
Costumes are permitted and must be appropriate as determined by Stadium personnel and security services. Costumes cannot detract from the experience or enjoyment of other patrons.
- Masks or other costume pieces that in any way obscure the face are prohibited from entry. Face paint is permitted as long as it is not offensive in nature.
- Guests are advised that bulky clothing and/or costumes will result in delays at security screening outside the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
- Guests will be asked to remove their costumes upon arrival at the gates to clear the screening process. Items that do not clear the screening process will be treated as banned items and will not be claim-checked at the gate.
- Costumes must fit within the confines of the guest’s ticketed seat and must allow for safe passage of fans through the seating row.
- Toy or replica weapons are prohibited from entry.
- Any item that is deemed dangerous or perceived to be dangerous, unsafe (spikes, sharp looking objects, mallets, etc.) or offensive will not be allowed in the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
- Management reserves the right to deny entry to anyone refusing to remove dangerous or perceived to be dangerous pieces of a costume or clothing.
Coliseum management asks guests not to wear derogatory, profane or offensive clothing. Guests with improper clothing may be asked to remove the item, cover up the item or leave the venue.
The use of Drone aircraft or Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) is prohibited at all times in Exposition Park and surrounding areas without first obtaining a permit and authorization from the State of California. Use inside the Coliseum is prohibited unless approved by Coliseum management and operators must meet the same requirements for the State of California.
Entry gates will open one hour prior to ceremony. All graduates and guests must present a valid Grad Pass or guest ticket in order to enter the ceremony.
Guests will enter via the gate designated on their guest ticket. In order to be seated together, guests MUST enter the Coliseum together. For ADA access, enter at Gate 8.
Help desks will be located outside of Gates 4, 8, 19, 23. First Aid Stations can be found at Gate 1 and 16.
Out of state guests will be required to present proof of vaccination (vaccine card, medical records, or a photo of either document) on-site prior to entering the LA Memorial Coliseum. At each entry gate, there will be signage designating the appropriate lane for out of state guests to check-in and present proof of vaccination. If one member of the guest pair is out of state, both will check-in via the designated out of state lane. This will ensure you are seated together.
Graduates will enter via the Coliseum field tunnel located at 3960 Bill Robertson Lane. This entrance is strictly for graduates. Graduates are required to wear academic regalia in order to participate in the ceremony.
All guests will enter through metal detector screening. Please have large metal items and cell phones in a clear bag or out of your pockets before entering.
There are no bag storage facilities available. The Coliseum prohibits bags, backpacks and other containers from entering the venue, with the following exceptions:
- One bag that is clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and does not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”, or a one-gallon clear plastic storage bag (Ziploc bag or similar);
- In addition to one of the clear bags noted above, guests may also carry in a small clutch bag or purse approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap.
Cameras and Parasols (for personal shade) will be permitted.
Balloons, confetti and noise making devices will not be permitted. For a list of all prohibited items visit https://www.lacoliseum.com/prohibited-items/
For the safety and security of our guests, re-entry is not allowed at any event.
We want all our guests to enjoy the event. Please remember to be considerate of those seated near you, cheer constructively and be mindful of good sportsmanship. Behavior that is disruptive to others may result in ejection from the stadium. Fans are encouraged to report inappropriate behavior. For assistance call or text 213-263-4007. Message and data rates may apply.
In order to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment, we ask that fans refrain from the following behavior at all events.
- Profanity or other offensive language or gestures, whether spoken, written or appearing on apparel
- Smoking (including vaporizers, e-cigarettes and smokeless tobacco)
- Intoxication or excessive alcohol consumption or signs of substance impairment that results in irresponsible behavior
- Bringing prohibited items into the venue
- Throwing of items or liquids
- Entering the playing field or court at any time
- Fighting or other threatening behavior, including verbal or physical harassment
- Failure to retain ticket and/or present it to event staff if requested to do so
- Resale of tickets at the venue
- Violation of state or local laws
- Failing to follow instruction of stadium personnel or stadium policies
FAILURE TO COMPLY MAY RESULT IN EJECTION OR ARREST
Fans are encouraged to report inappropriate behavior to management personnel. For assistance, call or text 213-263-4007. Message and data rates may apply.
First aid stations are located on the Street Level Concourse at Gate 1 and adjacent to Gate 16. Please contact the nearest usher or security officer if medical attention is needed.
Any flag or banner that is larger than 3 feet x 5 feet is not permitted inside the venue. Sticks and poles are also prohibited.
The use of laser pointers is strictly prohibited and will result in ejection from the venue.
Lost items may be claimed at the Coliseum West Administration Building across from Tunnel 11. Lost items may be searched for at lacoliseum.liff.app.
Found items may be turned over to the office, or given to an usher or security guard in your section. For more information, please call 213-747-7111 on weekdays between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM.
Guests are encouraged to instruct children in their group to find a stadium staff member if they become lost or separated from their group. Lost children will be taken to the Coliseum Administration Building located near Tunnel 11. To report a lost child please contact the nearest police officer, venue or event staff, team representative, or go to Customer Service located at the Coliseum Administration Building located near Tunnel 11.
All persons and their belongings are subject to metal detector screening and bag inspection prior to entering the Coliseum. Guests are encouraged to arrive early to avoid delays. All prohibited items will not be allowed inside the Coliseum.
The following items are NOT ALLOWED in the Coliseum:
- Bags, Backpacks or Purses which do not meet Bag Policy guidelines. Hard or Soft Coolers, Baskets, Packages or Containers;
- Alcoholic Beverages, Bottles or Cans. (Factory sealed bottles of water, 17 oz. or less, are allowed; limit 2 per person);
- Illegal Drugs and Weapons including Firearms, Knives, Explosives, Fireworks, Lighters and Laser Pointers;
- Professional Cameras (lenses longer than 3”) and Camera Equipment, Selfie-Sticks, Tripods and Video or Audio Recording Equipment;
- Banners, Sticks, Poles, Inflatables, Frisbees, Balls, and Unsliced Fruits or Vegetables;
- Umbrellas, Balloons, Strollers, Skateboards and Folding or Beach Chairs;
- Noise making devices such as whistles, horns or musical instruments;
- Pets (Service Animals are allowed);
- The Coliseum is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and smoking implements are prohibited in any area of the Coliseum.
Please do not conceal items. Have all items clearly visible inside an approved bag. All Bags must meet Bag Policy guidelines and are subject to inspection upon entry. For more information on the Coliseum Bag Policy, please visit http://www.lacoliseum.com/beclear.
Only approved seat cushions may be carried into the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. Clear seat cushions WITHOUT pockets, zippers, compartments, or covers are permitted.
Large seat cushions that have pockets, zippers, compartments, or covers are NOT permitted.
If you see something, say something. Please report suspicious activities to local authorities (such as unattended backpacks, vehicle incursion or drones). Call 877-A-THREAT (877-284-7328) or notify police, stadium security or event staff. In case of emergency at USC, call (213) 740-4321 or 9-1-1.
Smoking, smokeless tobacco and smoking implements (including, but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, lighters, vaporizers and e-cigarettes) are prohibited in all areas of the Coliseum. The use of smokeless tobacco is prohibited for all events (LAMC 41.50.1). Violators may be subject to eviction and/or citation.
Strollers are not permitted in the seating areas of the Coliseum. Guests are encouraged to leave strollers at home or in their vehicles. If item check locations are available, strollers must be collapsible and easily stored. Strollers and other mobility devices may not be left unattended, even at the top of seating sections or adjacent to tunnels accessing seating areas. USC and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum are not responsible for lost, damaged, stolen or misplaced items.
Much of the Coliseum seating is in direct sunlight during the day. Protective clothing and use of sunscreen is encouraged. Please use a lotion, cream or ointment based sunscreen from plastic tubes that are clearly marked and carried in a clear bag. Aerosol and metallic cans are not permitted inside the Coliseum. Complimentary sunscreen can also be found at customer service locations.
For Customer Service or Security, call or text (213) 263-4007. Message and data rates may apply.
Roadside assistance is available before and after events. Please contact Exposition Park Parking Management at 213-749-5654 for assistance for battery service and lockouts.
For more information about USC Athletic events, please visit:
The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum now features stadium-wide Wi-Fi capability, free of charge. Connect to #FightOn and simply sign on for great network coverage.