We encourage our guests to review the Coliseum Building Policies prior to your visit for important information that will help you to have a more enjoyable and safe experience at “The Greatest Stadium in the World!”
Here are six tips to make sure you have a great game day experience:
- Plan ahead and know how you are getting to the Coliseum. Use navigation and traffic apps such as Waze or Google Maps.
- Go Metro on Gameday. Take advantage of the Expo Line with two stops adjacent to the Coliseum.
- Exposition Park Lots are permit only. There are no cash lots at Exposition Park during USC and Rams football events.
- USC Campus has available parking during events. Rates and availability may vary per event.
- Get here early. Review policies, be prepared for metal detector screening and have items clearly displayed in a clear bag.
- Arrive at the gates no later than 30 minutes before kickoff.
All guests will be required to provide appropriate proof of age with one the following forms of identification:
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Any valid U.S. State or Federal Government issued I.D.
- Any Valid U.S. Passport and/or Passport Card
- U.S. Military I.D.
- Valid Foreign Passport
Guests may not possess or purchase more than two (2) alcoholic beverages at a time. Shots may not be served at any time. Caps will be removed from all bottles. All glass containers must be poured into cups.
All concession stands and portable units will stop serving alcohol at the end of the third quarter. For non-football events, alcohol cut-off times will be determined by Coliseum management.
Alcohol of any kind may not be brought into or removed from the Coliseum.
Any guest who is determined to be deliberately concealing alcohol while entering the Coliseum will not be permitted to enter the building. A person exhibiting visible signs of impairment will not be permitted into the Coliseum. Any guest who exhibits behavior that distracts or inconveniences, or otherwise, interferes with another guest’s enjoyment of the event may be removed from the Coliseum.
Alcohol will not be served to any underage person or visibly impaired guest. Alcohol beverage sales may be curtailed or prohibited at the discretion of management. During USC football games, alcohol must remain within the Coliseum Club, Suite, or other defined hospitality areas.
Service dogs or service-dogs-in-training for guests with disabilities are allowed. All other animals are prohibited.
The Coliseum and University grounds and facilities may not be used for commercial purposes such as sales, advertising, or promotional activity without prior approval. Authorized corporate sponsors must be licensed in advance of the event. Violators are subject to trespass ordinances. For information about marketing activities during USC football or athletic events, sponsors should contact USC Sports Properties at (213) 821-5294.
ATMs inside the Coliseum are located on the street level near Tunnels 1, 15, 19, 25, 28 and on the upper concourse level at sections 15 and 23.
Baby changing areas are available at all Street level restrooms; and in Men’s and Women’s restrooms on the Concourse level at sections 1-2, 11-12, 14-15, 17-18, 22-23, 26-27.
The Coliseum prohibits bags, backpacks and other containers from entering the venue, with the following exceptions:
- One bag that is clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and does not exceed 12” by 6” by 12”, or;
- A one-gallon clear plastic storage bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- In addition to one of the clear bags noted above, guests may also carry in a small clutch bag or purse approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection.
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, oversized seat cushions with pockets or metal structures, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.
These measures are designed to promote public safety while encouraging guests to limit the items they bring into the venue to create a more efficient screening and entry process. We ask that all items are visible when entering the venue. The fewer items that are concealed, the quicker the process becomes.
All approved bags are subject to inspection upon entry. For more information on the Coliseum Bag Policy, please visit www.lacoliseum.com/beclear.
To maintain a family atmosphere, the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum management reserves the right to prohibit any signs, banners, or similar items at any time. Signs and banners may be held during a game as long as they meet these conditions:
- Do not contain commercial or political endorsement, messages or logos, obscene or indecent language, images, graphic depictions or incite violence, create danger or pose security risks.
- Not in the field of play.
- Do not obstruct the sightline of another guest.
- Do not cover up any existing signage.
- Not affixed to metal rods, wooden posts or any other material that could cause harm to other patrons.
- Not paraded around the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
- They are not in poor taste as determined in sole discretion of the team or Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
Bottles and cans of any kind are prohibited inside the Coliseum. Factory sealed bottles of water, 17 oz. or less, are allowed and limited to 2 bottles per person.
The Coliseum Box Office is located at Gate 29 and is open Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM and on Saturday, 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Hours may vary based on events and are subject to change without notice.
On game days, additional box office locations can be found at Gate 1 and Gate 19. Ticket Sales and Will Call typically open at least three hours before an event.
Guests are allowed to bring still cameras provided they do not have detachable lenses and do not interfere with other guests’ view of the event. Camera lenses are limited to 3-inches. Video cameras and tripods are not permitted. All commercial use of photographs depicting game action are allowed only through a licensing agreement. Policies may vary per event without notice.
Children who are two years of age and under are admitted free as long as they are held in a lap and do not interfere with other guests’ view of the event. Strollers are prohibited.
Child ID bands are available at customer service locations. It is suggested that the band, ticket stubs, a nametag and/or any other additional information be pinned to the clothing of any young child that might require assistance. These measures will assist any USC personnel in reuniting guests should it become necessary.
To report a lost child, please contact the nearest police officer or USC staff member, or go to customer service located at the Coliseum Administration Building near Gate 11.
The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum provides closed captioning services for all major events. To confirm that closed captioning service will be available, please email LA Coliseum at email@example.com with the event name and the date service is requested. Requests should be made at least one week in advance to the event date.
The service provides text of all public address announcements during the game. You can access the service from your browser on any smart phone or mobile device. Data rates may apply. To access the service from your mobile device go to www.CaptionedText.com and enter Confirmation: 2650 at the top of the page. If you need assistance during an event, please text to (213) 263-4007. Data rates may apply.
It is a violation to stand in Tunnels or sit in Aisles per LAFD Fire Code 4701.4.1.3. Please keep all aisles and tunnels clear of obstructions. Your cooperation is appreciated.
Only authorized personnel with proper credentials will be permitted on the field before, during, and after a game. Any unauthorized person going on to the field will be removed and subject to ejection and/or arrest.
The fan food menus from Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum Executive Chef John Brenning are taking the gameday experience to new and exciting levels of flavor, with the addition of new offerings that reflect the dynamic modern dining marketplace and provide just what fans are craving. Chef Brenning and the Legends at LA Memorial Coliseum culinary team have developed new and innovative big flavor food and beverage features – from house smoked BBQ, traditional Mexican street food, and Hawaiian-style dishes – all celebrating the diverse culinary heritage of the United States, and honoring Los Angeles as a center of fabulous food culture innovation. Check out the offerings in the images below (click on image for PDF).
2018 Food GuideDownload PDF Map
Ice chests, coolers and other beverage containers are not permitted inside the Coliseum.
Guest satisfaction is a high priority of Coliseum Management. Customer Service Booths are located at Gate 23, Gate 33 (south end of the Peristyle) and at the Coliseum Administration Building across from Tunnel 11. An additional booth is located on the concourse level at Stair 17.
You can also reach a customer service representative by calling or texting 213-263-4007. Message and data rates may apply.
Facility Management asks that all guests not to wear derogatory, profane or offensive clothing. Guests with improper clothing may be asked to remove the item, cover up the item or leave the venue.
When driving to the venues please carpool with 3 or more people, and plan your travel ahead of time. Please use the following suggested routes:
From the North via the 110 Freeway: Exit Exposition Blvd. – Turn Left on Flower St. – Turn Left on Figueroa St. – Follow Signs to the Coliseum parking.
From the South via the 110 Freeway: Exit Martin Luther King Blvd. – Turn Left on Figueroa St. – Follow Signs to the Coliseum parking. The Express Lane exits directly to 39th St. and the entrance to Exposition Park.
From the East via the 10 Freeway: Exit Vermont St. – Turn Left on to Vermont St. – Continue past the USC Campus – Follow Signs to the Coliseum parking.
From the West via the 10 Freeway: Exit Vermont St. – Turn Right on to Vermont St. – Continue past the USC Campus – Follow Signs to Coliseum parking.
The use of Drone aircraft or Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) is prohibited at all times in Exposition Park and surrounding areas without first obtaining a permit and authorization from the State of California. Use inside the Coliseum is prohibited unless approved by Coliseum management and operators must meet the same requirements for the State of California.
For the safety and security of our guests, re-entry is not allowed at any event.
We want all our guests to enjoy the event. Please remember to be considerate of those seated near you, cheer constructively and be mindful of good sportsmanship. Behavior that is disruptive to others may result in ejection from the stadium. Fans are encouraged to report inappropriate behavior to Management Personnel. For assistance call or text 213-263-4007. Message and data rates may apply.
In order to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment, we ask that fans refrain from the following behavior at all events.
- Profanity or other offensive language or gestures, whether spoken, written or appearing on apparel
- Smoking (including vaporizers, e-cigarettes and smokeless tobacco)
- Intoxication or excessive alcohol consumption or signs of substance impairment that results in irresponsible behavior
- Bringing prohibited items into the venue
- Throwing of items or liquids
- Entering the playing field or court at any time
- Fighting or other threatening behavior, including verbal or physical harassment
- Failure to retain ticket and/or present it to event staff if requested to do so
- Resale of tickets at the venue
- Violation of state or local laws
- Failing to follow instruction of stadium personnel or stadium policies
FAILURE TO COMPLY MAY RESULT IN EJECTION OR ARREST
Fans are encouraged to report inappropriate behavior to management personnel. For assistance, call or text 213-263-4007. Message and data rates may apply.
There are two first aid locations located inside the Coliseum at Gate 1 and Gate 16; and an additional aid station on the Concourse (upper level) at Stair 17. Please contact the nearest usher or security officer if medical attention is needed.
USC Football kickoff times are subject to change for television broadcasts. Visit usctrojans.com for updates.
The use of laser pointers is strictly prohibited and will result in ejection from the venue.
All persons and their belongings are subject to metal detector screening and bag inspection prior to entering the Coliseum. Guests are encouraged to arrive early to avoid delays. All prohibited items will not be allowed inside the Coliseum.
The following items are NOT ALLOWED in the Coliseum:
- Bags, Backpacks or Purses which do not meet Bag Policy guidelines. Hard or Soft Coolers, Baskets, Packages or Containers;
- Alcoholic Beverages, Bottles or Cans. (Factory sealed bottles of water, 17 oz. or less, are allowed; limit 2 per person);
- Illegal Drugs and Weapons including Firearms, Knives, Explosives, Fireworks, Lighters and Laser Pointers;
- Professional Cameras (lenses longer than 3”) and Camera Equipment, Selfie-Sticks, Tripods and Video or Audio Recording Equipment;
- Banners, Sticks, Poles, Inflatables, Frisbees, Balls, and Unsliced Fruits or Vegetables;
- Umbrellas, Balloons, Strollers, Skateboards and Folding or Beach Chairs;
- Pets (Service Animals are allowed);
- The Coliseum is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and smoking implements are prohibited in any area of the Coliseum.
Please do not conceal items. Have all items clearly visible inside an approved bag. All Bags must meet Bag Policy guidelines and are subject to inspection upon entry. For more information on the Coliseum Bag Policy, please visit http://www.lacoliseum.com/beclear.
Lyft is our official rideshare partner. New users get $5 off their ride with code LACOLISEUM18. Take a Lyft ride to the game, and leave the car at home.
After the game, exit Gate 19 and head north to Exposition Blvd and then west to Vermont Ave. Walk North on Vermont Ave to meet your driver.
In all other locations, rideshare services are prohibited from entering Exposition Park area until 1 hour after the game.
To ensure guest safety and enjoyment of all games, standing on stadium seats is prohibited. Standing with the intention to block someone else’s view or when others around you are seated is also prohibited by the Fan Code of Conduct. Sitting or standing in the aisles and crosswalks, or in ramps and stairways, is also prohibited.
Smoking, smokeless tobacco and smoking implements (including, but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, lighters, vaporizers and e-cigarettes) are prohibited in all areas of the Coliseum. The use of smokeless tobacco is prohibited for all events (LAMC 41.50.1). Violators may be subject to eviction and/or citation.
Strollers are prohibited inside the Coliseum.
Much of the Coliseum seating is in direct sunlight during the day. Protective clothing and use of sunscreen is encouraged. Please use a lotion, cream or ointment based sunscreen from plastic tubes that are clearly marked and carried in a clear bag. Aerosol and metallic cans are not permitted inside the Coliseum. Complimentary sunscreen can also be found at customer service locations.
Public parking lots in Exposition Park that surround the Coliseum are managed by the Office of Exposition Park Management, a department of the State of California’s Natural Resources Agency. Please help us keep a safe environment and positive guest experience for all guests in the park.
Exposition Park Tailgating Policy
Tailgating is defined as; the use of any item (including tables, chairs, free-standing canopies or umbrellas, awnings attached to recreational vehicles, coolers, barbeques, grills, games, generators, televisions, sound systems, food or drink, food or drink preparation or serving equipment, or other items as identified by the General Manager (or designee) for the purpose of an outdoor gathering by one or more people prior to, during or after a scheduled event.
Please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Tents or canopies exceeding an 8’ x 8’ footprint are not permitted.
- Tailgating is limited to the area directly in front of or behind your vehicle only.
- Box trucks, trailers, grill in-tow, or any catering service from an outside source, are not permitted in parking lots.
- Generators and grills must have a fire extinguisher present while in operation. Please use care when storing flammable materials and please be courteous to neighboring parking spaces in regards to noise and exhaust.
- Tailgating cannot impede vehicle or foot traffic.
- Tailgating may not lock or restrict access to portable toilets. The use or creation of personal toilets or unregulated bathroom facilities is prohibited.
- Tailgating will cease after kickoff.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol is prohibited.
- All guests must be in possession of a valid event ticket or credential.
- Amplified sound is prohibited.
- Glass containers or bottles are prohibited in all areas of Exposition Park. All drinks and items should be placed in plastic or disposable containers.
- Barbecue grills cannot be set-up in areas of overhanging tree limbs or areas that have mulched ground-cover or wood-chips.
- Barbecue grills cannot be left unattended.
- Makeshift barbecue grills or stand-alone fire pits will not be allowed.
- Open flames in the Visitor Parking Structure (VPS) are prohibited.
- Empty spaces may not be reserved or used for the purpose of tailgating.
- Appropriate receptacles must be used for the disposal of hot coals.
- Barbecue grills with covers are allowed.
- All Guest Code of Conduct and parking policies are in effect.
These practices will be strictly enforced by on-site law enforcement and the Los Angeles Fire Department. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in a revocation of tailgating privileges.
For more information about USC Athletic events, please visit: