Children’s Hospital Los Angeles is thrilled to host its second Walk and Play L.A. on June 2, 2018 at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and Exposition Park. Be part of the community coming together in solidarity to improve the health of children and raise necessary funds in support of CHLA’s mission. Enjoy our Family Festival after the walk, which includes live music, fun games for people of all ages, wellness information from CHLA departments, as well as exclusive sports clinics hosted by professional athletes for youth participants age 4 -12.
Make sure to visit and share our Walk and Play L.A. Facebook page.
Important Day of Event Information
Date: Saturday, June 2, 2018
Location: 3911 S. Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90037
The Route: Walkers will complete a 3-kilometer (1.86-mile) loop around the L.A. Memorial Coliseum and Exposition Park. It should take 30 to 40 minutes to complete the route. Be sure to wear comfortable, sturdy shoes and sunscreen. The route is handicap accessible.
7: 00 a.m. – Check-in and family festival opens
8:30 a.m. – The walk begins
10:30 a.m. – Sports clinics begin
12:30 p.m. – The family festival closes
Clinics All-Star Line-Up:
- Training Skills Clinic: Anderson Silva
- Soccer Clinic: Coaches from the LA Galaxy
- Football Clinic: Lawrence Jackson
Stay tuned for many additions!
- School of Rock
Attendance: Only those registered as adults or children will be able to attend the event.
Refreshment: Fruit and water will be provided for all walkers. Additionally, food trucks will be on site for you to purchase from. There will be a picnic area available so participants can bring their own picnic if they’d like.
- Wear comfortable shoes and prepare for the weather
- Wear a hat and bring sunscreen
- Due to event insurance coverage, we are not permitting walkers to bring their pets to this event. This is fairly typical for events of this nature, especially with very small children who may attend
- All participants will be required to sign a waiver during check-in.
- Fundraising does not stop on June 2! Your Walk and Play L.A. page will stay active and able to accept donations until July 31, 2018.