LOS ANGELES RAMS TO HOST INDIANAPOLIS COLTS IN SUNDAY’S REGULAR SEASON OPENER
First 50,000 Fans to Receive Commemorative T-Shirt featuring White-Horned Helmet
Rams Hall of Famers to be Honored On-Field Pregame & Halftime
Team to Donate Their Proceeds from Remaining Home Opener Tickets Sold on TheRams.com/Harvey
Pregame Experience on NFL.com/RamsAuction to Benefit American Red Cross
The Los Angeles Rams will kick off the 2017 regular season when they host the Indianapolis Colts this Sunday, September 10 at 1:05 p.m. PT at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum. The Rams first regular season contest will be broadcast nationally on CBS and also in English on ESPN LA 710 AM and 100.3 FM The Sound, as well as in Spanish on ESPN Deportes 1330 AM.
All gates will open at 11:00 AM PT, with select gates (1 and 28) opening at 10:00 AM PT for fans who wish to visit the Corona Beach House or Rams Party Zone spaces located on the Peristyle end of the stadium that feature concessions and shade open to all ticketholders.
To celebrate the return of the white horns to the Coliseum, the first 50,000 fans to enter the stadium will receive a commemorative t-shirt donning the iconic helmet design. The shirts will be distributed at Gates 1, 4, 8, 19, 23, 28 and the Vivid Entrance. In addition, all Rams Season Ticket Members will receive 15% off all retail locations around the Coliseum.
For a second consecutive year, the Rams will honor Hall of Famers at their season opener. ERIC DICKERSON, MARSHALL FAULK, TOM MACK, ORLANDO PACE, JACKIE SLATER, AENEAS WILLIAMS and JACK YOUNGBLOOD will participate in the coin toss. KURT WARNER, the newest Ram to join the Pro Football Hall of Fame, will help light the torch in the Peristyle end of the Coliseum. At Halftime, all eight Legends will be welcomed back onto the field by a tunnel of Rams Season Ticket Members and honored on the 50-yard line.
Building on the efforts of Rams DT Michael Brockers, who is leading a fundraising effort to benefit United Way of Greater Houston, the Rams are giving fans looking to purchase tickets to the regular season opener on September 10 the option to have a portion of their ticket price donated to the relief efforts. Fans who purchase Rams vs. Colts tickets on therams.com/harvey may enter the code BROCKERS to have the Rams’ full proceeds from the sale donated to the American Red Cross and United Way of Greater Houston.
Additionally, the Rams are auctioning off a pregame opportunity at NFL.com/RamsAuction with proceeds going to American Red Cross. This experience includes four tickets and four pregame field passes to the home opener. Additionally, the winner will receive the game-worn jersey from Brockers.
Below are some of the other features included in this week’s game. For more information about Rams gamedays, please visit www.therams.com/gameday or the Rams Mobile App.
GRAMMY AWARD-WINNER MICHELLE WILLIAMS TO PERFORM NATIONAL ANTHEM
Grammy Award-winning singer and actress MICHELLE WILLIAMS (who got her start as a member of Destiny’s Child) will perform the National Anthem. Williams is a MOBO Award-winner and three-time Grammy nominee, who also released a solo album Heart to Yours (2002) that became the best-selling gospel release of the year.
The Base Honor Guard, from the 146th Airlift Wing, Naval Base Ventura County will present the colors.
LAUSD STUDENT AND TEACHER OF THE MONTH WINNERS TO BE RECOGNIZED BY RAMS, CBS2 & KCAL9
In partnership with CBS2 and KCAL 9, the Rams and Los Angeles Unified School District introduced the LAUSD Student and Teacher of the Month program. The effort was started to help celebrate students, who are excelling in the classroom, and teachers, who are going above and beyond to positively influence and impact the lives of their students. Each month, a deserving student and teacher are selected from an LAUSD school and recognized at a school assembly. The Rams will host the 2017 spring semester winners at Sunday’s game and honor them during a pregame ceremony on the field.
RAMS FOUNDATION TO CELEBRATE COMMUNITY QUARTERBACK HONOREE
For this year’s season opener, the Rams will celebrate the team’s first Community Quarterback of 2017. The Community Quarterback Award, presented by SoCal Honda Dealers, is a volunteer recognition and grant program that awards funding to deserving volunteers and the non-profits that they serve.
Winners will receive a $5,000 grant to further the mission of the nonprofit organization he or she serves, the opportunity to be recognized on-field at a Rams home game, and a RAMdom Act of Helpfulness. Since the program’s inception, the Rams have donated more than $300,000 to community organizations through the Community Quarterback initiative.
This week’s Community Quarterback is MONICA BORQUEZ, who serves the Club 21 Learning and Resource Center Inc. Club 21 provides educational tools and resources that enable individuals with Down syndrome to be fully included in home, school and community life.
RAMS TO SALUTE DECORATED SERGEANT MAJOR
The Rams and American Airlines will honor a service member at every home game this season. Photos will be displayed on the Coliseum video boards and their dedication to service will be shared with fans over the public address system during the game’s second timeout commercial break.
The honoree for this week’s game is PATRICK A. WILKINSON, whose personal decoration include: the Bronze Star, Purple Heart, Meritorious Service Medal, Navy/Marine Corps Commendation Medal with two gold stars and Achievement Medal with three gold stars, and the Combat Action Ribbon.
GAMEDAY DETAILS FOR FANS ATTENDING SUNDAY’S GAME
To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all guests, details for what fans may expect include:
- Parking: Limited parking is available in USC Campus lots on a first-come, first-served basis for $50.
- Metro: Due to limited parking, fans are encouraged to take Metro to the game. New this season, fans may buy TAP Cards inside the Coliseum at Gate 21, in addition to Expo Lawn for a second season.
- Clear Bag: The NFL’s Clear Bag Policy is in effect and any bags brought to the game must be compliant. Visit NFL.com/allclear for more information.
- Water: Guests may bring into the Coliseum two factory sealed bottles of water (17 oz. or less) or an empty bottle to fill at water refill stations located on Street Level outside restrooms near Tunnel 4 and Tunnel 28. Additionally, free cups of water will be available at concession stands.
- Shade: Fans seeking shade during the game should visit either the Corona Beach House and Rams Party Zone on the East side of the venue near the Peristyle or the Food Court area on the West side of the venue. Both areas are open to all fans and have multiple tables and shade umbrellas set-up. The Corona Beach House at Gate 1 has televisions and concessions as well. Fans also may visit the Customer Service in the South Office (Gate 33) on the East side of the stadium.
- Arrive Early: Fans should arrive early to get their commemorative t-shirt and be in their seats 15-minutes prior to kickoff for the National Anthem and lighting of the torch.
Below is more detailed information for guests attending games this season at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum:
PARKING & TRANSPORTATION
Parking in Exposition Park and select USC Campus lots are by permit only and there is no public parking in Exposition Park for Rams games. Additional overflow parking is available on USC Campus and the USC Parking Center. USC Gameday Traffic Flow will be in effect for guests driving to the Coliseum (map attached). Please note, drivers may only make right turns onto streets around the Coliseum and USC to enter parking lots.
Parking lots open five hours prior to kickoff and close 90 minutes after the end of game. Vehicles must exit the stadium parking lots by 90 minutes after the conclusion of the game.
Limited cash parking lots will be available on a first-come first-served basis for $50 at the following locations:
- Downey Street Structure (formerly PSA) – Gate 6 located at Vermont at W. 36th Pl. or Gate 1 at Exposition Blvd. and Watt Way.
- Jefferson Blvd. Structure (formerly PSB) – Gate 8 located at Jefferson Blvd. (East of Vermont Ave.)
- Royal Street Structure (formerly PSD) – Gate 4 located at Jefferson Blvd. and Royal St.
- Grand Ave. Structure (formerly UPX) – Located on 35th St. between Hope St. and Grand Ave.
- Shrine Parking Garage – May be accessed from two entrances:
- 645 W. Jefferson Blvd. from Figueroa Blvd. (Westbound only)
- 680 W. 32nd St. (Eastbound only)
Parking in Exposition Park lots are by permit only.
For maps and transportation information, visit http://www.therams.com/events/parking.html.
In addition, the following street closures will be in effect:
- Starting at 11:00 AM, two hours ahead of kickoff, Exposition Blvd Eastbound will be closed from Vermont to Figueroa. This will remain closed until one hour and 45 minutes after the end of game.
- Starting at 12:00 PM, one hour ahead of kickoff, Exposition Blvd Westbound will be closed from Figueroa to Bill Robertson Lane. This will remain closed until one hour and 45 minutes after the end of game.
- At Halftime of the game, a soft closure will take place at Normandie (local access only) for eastbound traffic on Exposition Blvd. This will remain closed until one hour and 45 minutes after the end of game.
- At Halftime of the game, a hard closure will take place at Wisconsin for eastbound traffic on Exposition Blvd. This will remain closed until one hour and 45 minutes after the end of game.
Fans driving to the game can use Waze for real-time traffic conditions and directions, and official parking lots. Download the free Waze app at www.waze.com/get.
Due to limited parking, fans are encouraged to take public transportation. For people who “Go Metro on Game Day,” the Coliseum is easily accessible from the following Metro stations: Expo Park/USC, Expo/Vermont, and 37th St/USC. More information can be found at https://www.metro.net/riding/gameday/.
There is no tailgating on the USC Campus or USC Campus Parking Facilities during Los Angeles Rams games.
Tailgating is allowed in designated Exposition Park lots (Lot 2, Lot 4, Lot 5, Lot 6, South Lawn and State Dr.) Tailgating is not permitted in Lot 3, the Visitor Parking Structure, South Park Dr., Martin Luther King Blvd., or Expo Center Dr.
In designated lots, tailgating is allowed only in individual parking spaces, in front or behind each vehicle only. Tailgating equipment must not block pedestrian or vehicle access. The use of multiple spaces without a vehicle is prohibited. A small canopy (not larger than 8’x8′) may be erected in front of or behind each vehicle only.
Full tailgating policies can be found here http://www.therams.com/events/parking.html.
The Rams Fan Fest is located on Christmas Tree Lane in Expo Park on the East side of the Coliseum and opens five hours prior to kickoff. Activities include the Cedars-Sinai Kids’ Zone, live pregame radio broadcast with 710 ESPN LA, opportunities to sign up and win exclusive Rams experiences, as well as Rams merchandise and concessions available for sale. This week, Cedars-Sinai will be giving out sunscreen in the Kids Zone.
The Corona Beach House at Gate 1 opens three hours prior to kickoff and offers premium beverage options and the chance to watch NFL RedZone, showing every touchdown from every game on Sunday mornings and afternoons. The Rams Party Zone at Gate 28 opens three hours prior to kickoff and offers food and beverages for purchase. Fans must enter through Gates 1 or 28.
The Rams Party Zone at Gate 28 opens three hours prior to kickoff and features food and beverage for sale well as shaded areas. Fans must enter through Gates 1 or 28 to access the Rams Party Zone prior to general doors opening.
RAMS FAN FEST
The Rams Fan Fest is located on the East side of the Coliseum and is open five hours prior to kickoff. Rams Fan Fest features areas and activities for all guests, including in the Cedars-Sinai Kids’ Zone for young fans.
To ensure a safe gameday experience, the Los Angeles Rams, NFL and USC are working with city, state and federal agencies including the Los Angeles Police Department, Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department, Los Angeles Fire Department, California Highway Patrol and the FBI, in addition to private security firms.
Gates open two hours prior to kickoff, excluding Gates 1 and 28 which open three hours prior to kickoff for fans who wish to visit the Corona Extra Beach House or Rams Party Zone. For the safety of guests, the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum has a no re-entry policy. If a guest exits the facility, they will not be allowed to re-enter.
Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum features enhanced security elements for all events. Metal detectors have been installed at all gates and guests will be required to walk through them before entering the stadium.
The Clear Bag Policy will be in effect for all games at the Coliseum this year. The Rams strongly encourage fans to not bring any type of bags, but outlined below is what is permissible. Fans will be able to carry the following style and size bag, package, or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates, or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12.” (Official clear plastic tote bags are available at ramsfanshop.com or at Albertsons, Vons or Pavilions), or
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
For additional information, go to NFL.com/allclear.
- Bags, Backpacks or Purses which do not meet Bag Policy guidelines. Hard or Soft Coolers, Baskets, Packages or Containers;
- Alcoholic Beverages, Bottles or Cans. (Factory sealed bottles of water, 17 oz. or less, are allowed; limit 2 per person);
- Illegal Drugs and Weapons including Firearms, Knives, Explosives, Fireworks, Lighters and Laser Pointers;
- Professional Cameras (lenses longer than 3”) and Camera Equipment, Selfie-Sticks, Tripods and Video or Audio Recording Equipment;
- Banners, Sticks, Poles, Inflatables, Frisbees, Balls, and Unsliced Fruits or Vegetables;
- Umbrellas, Balloons, Strollers, Skateboards and Folding or Beach Chairs;
- Pets (Service Animals are allowed);
- The Coliseum is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is prohibited in any area of the Coliseum.
FAN CODE OF CONDUCT
In order to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment, we ask that fans refrain from the following behavior at all events.
- Profanity or other offensive language or gestures, whether spoken, written or appearing on apparel
- Smoking (including vaporizers, e-cigarettes and smokeless tobacco)
- Intoxication or excessive alcohol consumption or signs of substance impairment that results in irresponsible behavior
- Bringing prohibited items into the venue
- Throwing of items or liquids
- Entering the playing field or court at any time
- Fighting or other threatening behavior, including verbal or physical harassment
- Failure to retain ticket and/or present it to event staff if requested to do so
- Resale of tickets at the venue
- Violation of state or local laws
- Failing to follow instruction of stadium personnel or stadium policies
Event patrons are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of the guests and/or persons using their tickets. Even if Season Ticket Members give away or sell their tickets to a game, the account holder is accountable for the actions of those using the tickets. Accounts can be forfeited partially or entirely for violations of the Fan Code of Conduct.
Failure to comply may result in ejection or arrest.
Fans are encouraged to report inappropriate behavior to management personnel. For assistance, call or text 213-263-4007. Message and data rates may apply.
Smoking, smokeless tobacco and smoking implements (including, but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, lighters, vaporizers and e-cigarettes) are prohibited in all areas of the Coliseum. The use of smokeless tobacco is prohibited for all events (LAMC 41.50.1). Violators may be subject to eviction and/or citation. (There are no designated smoking areas inside the Coliseum.)
Will Call is located outside Gate 1 and will open four hours prior to kickoff and closes after halftime. Will Call tickets can only be claimed by the person whose name appears on the ticket envelope. Valid photo I.D. is required. Additionally, at Will Call, fans may purchase tickets to future Rams games if available.
The Ticket Office for guests to resolve ticket issues is located at Gate 29.
For information about tickets to Rams games, including season tickets and single-game tickets, visit therams.com/tickets.
|2017 RAMS REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE|
|Week 1||Sept.10||Indianapolis Colts||1:05 P.M.||CBS|
|Week 2||Sept. 17||Washington Redskins||1:25 P.M.||FOX|
|Week 3||Sept. 21||San Francisco 49ers||5:25 P.M.||NFL Network|
|Week 4||Oct. 1||Dallas Cowboys||10 A.M.||FOX|
|Week 5||Oct. 8||Seattle Seahawks||1:05 P.M.||CBS|
|Week 6||Oct. 15||Jacksonville Jaguars||1:05 P.M.||FOX|
|Week 7||Oct. 22||Arizona Cardinals||10 A.M.||FOX|
|Week 9||Nov. 5||New York Giants||10 A.M.||FOX|
|Week 10||Nov. 12||Houston Texans||1:05 P.M.||CBS|
|Week 11||Nov. 19||Minnesota Vikings||10 A.M.||FOX|
|Week 12||Nov. 26||New Orleans Saints||1:05 P.M.||FOX|
|Week 13||Dec. 3||Arizona Cardinals||1:25 P.M.||FOX|
|Week 14||Dec. 10||Philadelphia Eagles||1:25 P.M.||FOX|
|Week 15||Dec. 17||Seattle Seahawks||1:05 P.M.||FOX|
|Week 16||Dec. 24||Tennessee Titans||10 A.M.||FOX|
|Week 17||Dec. 31||San Francisco 49ers||1:25 P.M.||FOX|