Los Angeles Rams vs. Carolina Panthers
Sunday, November 6 – 1:05 PM on FOX
Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
LOS ANGELES RAMS HOST CAROLINA PANTHERS AT
“SALUTE TO SERVICE” MILITARY APPRECIATION GAME ON SUNDAY
The Los Angeles Rams will host the Carolina Panthers for the Salute to Service military appreciation game this Sunday, November 6 at 1:05 p.m. PT at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum. The game will be broadcast in English on FOX 11/ KTTV and on ESPNLA 710 AM and 100.3 FM The Sound, as well as in Spanish on ESPN Deportes 1330 AM.
Every year, the NFL and the NFL Players Association come together in honor of Veterans Day to celebrate and recognize members of the military as part of the league’s Salute to Service. The league’s military appreciation efforts, which extend throughout the year, culminate in November with NFL Salute to Service games and other special events honoring veterans, active-duty service members and their families
Below are featured events that will take place at the Rams Salute to Service game on Sunday, which is sponsored by Bud Light.
RAMS PLAYERS TO HONOR FALLEN SERVICE MEMBERS
The Rams have partnered with the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) to honor and recognize fallen service men and women who died while serving in the armed forces or from injuries sustained while serving in the post 9/11 era. Each Rams player will wear the initials of one of the soldiers on his helmet on Sunday.
The families of 63 fallen service men and women from the L.A. region and surrounding areas will have the opportunity to attend the team’s practice on Saturday and meet the players who will honor their family member on Sunday.
A video message from Rams Head Coach JEFF FISHER will introduce the 126 individual family members before they participate in torch lighting ceremony to help kick off the game.
WWII VETERAN AND FORMER RAMS QB JIM HARDY TO BE HONORED DURING SECOND QUARTER
Former Rams and USC QB JIM HARDY, the oldest living Rams alumnus and a World War II veteran, will be honored during the second quarter of the game on Sunday. Hardy served as a Captain on the USS Maryland during WWII.
RAMS FEATURE SALUTE TO SERVICE PREGAME AND HALFTIME FESTIVITIES
- The Base Honor Guard, from The 146th Airlift Wing, Naval Base Ventura County will present the colors pregame.
- Senior Master Sergeant Erin McPherson from Naval Air Station Pt. Mugu will sing the National Anthem, followed by a flyover featuring a C130J from 146 Airlift Wing from the California Air National Guard, Channel Islands Air National Guard Station located in Pt. Hueneme, CA.
- The Rams coin-toss captain will be 96 year-old retired Tuskegee Airmen Red Tail Pilot Lt. Col. ROBERT FRIEND.
- The 562nd Air Force Band, known as “The Air National Guard Band of the West Coast,” will perform at halftime.
- As a tribute to the nation’s Vietnam veterans, the Rams will be pinning CHARLES MORALES and GREG YOUNG, Vietnam Veterans from the Orange County VVA, Chapter 785. The Rams are a proud partner of The United States of America Vietnam War Commemoration, whose mission is to thank and honor our nation’s Vietnam veterans.
- S. Navy veteran and Pat Tillman Foundation Scholar SETH SMITH will be recognized during the pregame ceremony. Smith is one of only 460 scholars nationwide and served in the U.S. Navy for six years.
- Additionally, 60 Vietnam veterans will attend the game as guests of the Rams.
BUD LIGHT WELCOMES RAMS HOME WITH LIMITED EDITION BREW
Bud Light is the Presenting Sponsor of the November 6, Los Angeles Rams vs. Carolina Panthers game.
During the Rams first game in L.A. in 22 years, Bud Light announced plans to create a limited edition Rams Homecoming Brew. A special 8 foot cup was unveiled at Bud Light’s pregame tailgate on September 18, which fans were invited to sign and leave their mark on that historic day.
At select bars during Sunday’s game, Bud Light will be selling the special Rams Brew that was made using water from the cup signed by the fans and Rams former players, including Hall of Famer ERIC DICKERSON. Additionally, the Rams Brew will be served in commemorative 20 ounce replica cups of the original 8 foot cup, complete with the signatures.
Rams Brew and the commemorative signature cups will also be available in L.A. sports bars for the month of November. Check out Bud Light’s Facebook and YouTube pages to see the full story. #RAMSBREW
GAMEDAY DETAILS FOR FANS ATTENDING LOS ANGELES RAMS GAMES
To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all guests, details for what fans may expect this Sunday include:
- Limited parking is available in USC Campus lots (see attached map) on a first-come, first-served basis for $50.00.
- Due to limited parking, fans are encouraged to take Metro or Metrolink to the game.
- The NFL’s Clear Bag Policy is in effect and any bags brought to the game must be compliant.
- Fans should arrive early and be in their seats 15-minutes prior to kickoff for the National Anthem and torch lighting.
- Visit therams.com/gameday for more information.
Below is more detailed information for guests attending games this season at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum:
PARKING & TRANSPORTATION
USC Gameday Traffic Flow will be in effect for guests driving to the Coliseum. Please note, drivers may only make right turns onto streets around the Coliseum to enter parking lots.
Limited parking will be available in USC Campus lots PSA, PSB, PSD and the USC Parking Center on a first-come first-served basis for $50. Parking in Exposition Park lots are by permit only. (See attached maps)
Parking lots open five hours prior to kickoff and close 90 minutes after the end of game. Vehicles must exit the stadium parking lots by 90 minutes after the conclusion of the game.
In addition, the following street closures will be in effect:
- Starting at 11:00 AM, two hours ahead of kickoff, Exposition Blvd Eastbound will be closed from Vermont to Figueroa. This will remain closed until one hour and 45 minutes after the end of game.
- Starting at 12:00 PM, one hour ahead of kickoff, Exposition Blvd Westbound will be closed from Figueroa to Bill Robertson Lane. This will remain closed until one hour and 45 minutes after the end of game.
- At Halftime of the game, a soft closure will take place at Normandie (local access only) for eastbound traffic on Exposition Blvd. This will remain closed until one hour and 45 minutes after the end of game.
- At Halftime of the game, a hard closure will take place at Wisconsin for eastbound traffic on Exposition Blvd. This will remain closed until one hour and 45 minutes after the end of game.
Due to limited parking, fans are encouraged to take public transportation. For people who “Go Metro on Game Day,” the Coliseum is easily accessible from the following Metro stations: Expo Park/USC, Expo/Vermont, and 37th St/USC. More information can be found at https://www.metro.net/riding/gameday/.
Metrolink is kicking off special train service to all Los Angeles Rams home games this season. For only $10 per round-trip, fans can ride the Rams Train to the game. The schedule and general information on these special trains can be found at www.metrolinktrains.com/Rams.
There is no tailgating on the USC Campus or USC Campus Parking Facilities during Los Angeles Rams games.
Tailgating is allowed in designated Exposition Park lots (Lot 1, Lot 2, Lot 4, Lot 5, Lot 6, South Lawn and State Dr.). Tailgating is not permitted in Lot 3, the Visitor Parking Structure, South Park Dr., Martin Luther King Blvd., or Expo Center Dr.
In designated lots, tailgating is allowed only in individual parking spaces, in front or behind each vehicle only. Tailgating equipment must not block pedestrian or vehicle access. The use of multiple spaces without a vehicle is prohibited. A small canopy (not larger than 10’x10′) may be erected in front of or behind each vehicle only.
Full tailgating policies can be found here http://www.therams.com/events/parking.html.
The Rams Fan Fest is located on Christmas Tree Lane in Expo Park on the East side of the Coliseum and opens five hours prior to kickoff. Activities include the Cedars-Sinai Kids’ Zone, live pregame radio broadcast with 710 ESPN LA, opportunities to sign up and win exclusive Rams experiences, as well as Rams merchandise and concessions available for sale.
The Corona Extra Beach House at Gate 1 opens three hours prior to kickoff and offers premium beverage options and the chance to watch NFL RedZone, showing every touchdown from every game on Sunday mornings and afternoons. Fans must enter through Gates 1 or 28.
The Vivid Seats VIP Tailgate will The Vivid Seats Official VIP Tailgate at Gate 28 opens three hours prior to kickoff to those with a VIP Tailgate ticket. The Tailgate includes open bar, catering, televisions and a special appearance by Rams Legend and Super Bowl XXXIV champion MIKE JONES.
To ensure a safe gameday experience, the Los Angeles Rams, NFL and USC are working with city, state and federal agencies including the Los Angeles Police Department, Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department, Los Angeles Fire Department, California Highway Patrol and the FBI, in addition to private security firms.
Gates open two hours prior to kickoff, excluding Gates 1 and 28 which open three hours prior to kickoff for fans who wish to visit the Corona Extra Beach House or Vivid Seats VIP Tailgate. For the safety of guests, the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum has a no re-entry policy. If a guest exits the facility, they will not be allowed to re-enter.
New this season, the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum is introducing enhanced security elements for all events. Metal detectors have been installed at all gates and guests will be required to walk through them before entering the stadium.
The Clear Bag Policy will be in effect for all games at the Coliseum this year. The Rams strongly encourage fans to not bring any type of bags, but outlined below is what is permissible. Fans will be able to carry the following style and size bag, package, or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates, or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12.” (Official clear plastic tote bags are available at ramsfanshop.com or at Albertsons, Vons or Pavilions), or
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
For additional information, go to NFL.com/allclear.
- Bags, Backpacks or Purses which do not meet Bag Policy guidelines. Hard or Soft Coolers, Baskets, Packages or Containers;
- Alcoholic Beverages, Bottles or Cans. (Factory sealed bottles of water, 17 oz. or less, are allowed; limit 2 per person);
- Illegal Drugs and Weapons including Firearms, Knives, Explosives, Fireworks, Lighters and Laser Pointers;
- Professional Cameras (lenses longer than 3”) and Camera Equipment, Selfie-Sticks, Tripods and Video or Audio Recording Equipment;
- Banners, Sticks, Poles, Inflatables, Frisbees, Balls, and Unsliced Fruits or Vegetables;
- Umbrellas, Balloons, Strollers, Skateboards and Folding or Beach Chairs;
- Pets (Service Animals are allowed);
- The Coliseum is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is prohibited in any area of the Coliseum.
FAN CODE OF CONDUCT
In order to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment, we ask that fans refrain from the following behavior at all events.
- Profanity or other offensive language or gestures, whether spoken, written or appearing on apparel
- Smoking (including vaporizers, e-cigarettes and smokeless tobacco)
- Intoxication or excessive alcohol consumption or signs of substance impairment that results in irresponsible behavior
- Bringing prohibited items into the venue
- Throwing of items or liquids
- Entering the playing field or court at any time
- Fighting or other threatening behavior, including verbal or physical harassment
- Failure to retain ticket and/or present it to event staff if requested to do so
- Resale of tickets at the venue
- Violation of state or local laws
- Failing to follow instruction of stadium personnel or stadium policies
Event patrons are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of the guests and/or persons using their tickets. Even if Season Ticket Members give away or sell their tickets to a game, the account holder is accountable for the actions of those using the tickets. Accounts can be forfeited partially or entirely for violations of the Fan Code of Conduct.
Failure to comply may result in ejection or arrest.
Fans are encouraged to report inappropriate behavior to management personnel. For assistance, call or text 213-263-4007. Message and data rates may apply.
Smoking, smokeless tobacco and smoking implements (including, but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, lighters, vaporizers and e-cigarettes) are prohibited in all areas of the Coliseum. The use of smokeless tobacco is prohibited for all events (LAMC 41.50.1). Violators may be subject to eviction and/or citation. (There are no designated smoking areas inside the Coliseum.)
Will Call is located outside Gate 4 and will open four hours prior to kickoff and closes after halftime. Will Call tickets can only be claimed by the person whose name appears on the ticket envelope. Valid photo I.D. is required. Additionally at Will Call, fans may purchase tickets to future Rams games at if available.
The Ticket Office for guests to resolve ticket issues is located at Gate 29.
RAMS FAN FEST
The Rams Fan Fest is located on the East side of the Coliseum and is open five hours prior to kickoff. Rams Fan Fest features areas and activities for all guests, including in the Cedars-Sinai Kids’ Zone for young fans.